Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that commonly results from cysts in the ovaries. This leads to the ovaries failing to release eggs regularly giving rise to irregular periods.
While the exact cause of PCOS is not known, obesity, lack of physical activity and a family history might increase its risk multifold. If left untreated, PCOS can cause other chronic ailments like type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, and also lead to higher incidence of miscarriages, preterm deliveries and stillbirths.
- Absent, infrequent and/or irregular menstrual periods
- Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
- Elevated levels of male hormones androgens leading to excess facial and body hair, and occasionally severe acne
- Hair loss
- cysts on the ovaries (immature eggs)
- absent, infrequent, and/or irregular menstrual cycle
- weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
- pelvic pain
- hirsutism: increased hair growth on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
- acne, oily skin, or dandruff
- hair loss
- skin tags - underarms; groin and nape of the neck
- dark brown or black skin patches on the neck, arms, breasts or thighs
- excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
- anxiety or depression
- sleep apnea - when a person stops breathing for short periods of time while asleep
Women suffering from PCOS have higher chances of infertility, miscarriage, gestational diabetes, pregnancy-induced high blood pressure (preeclampsia) and premature delivery. Babies born to women with PCOS have an increased risk of being admitted in a neonatal intensive care unit or dying before, during, or shortly after birth. Women with PCOS have a higher risk of developing multiple serious disorders, including life-threatening diseases.
Some of the medical conditions that PCOS may lead to are:
- type 2 diabetes - a lifelong condition that causes the blood sugar level to become extremely high
- depression and mood swings - because the symptoms of PCOS can affect your confidence and self-esteem
- high blood pressure and high cholesterol - which can lead to heart diseases and stroke
- sleep apnoea - overweight women may also develop sleep apnoea, a condition that causes interrupted breathing during sleep
- women with absent or very irregular periods (fewer than three or four periods a year) due to PCOS for many years have a higher-than-average risk of developing cancer of the womb lining (endometrial cancer).
Though the exact PCOS causes are not known, factors that might contribute to increasing your risk of having it are:
- Hormonal imbalance (excess androgens produced)
- Excess insulin produced might increase androgen production causing difficulty with ovulation
Can Polycystic Ovary Syndrome be prevented?
If polycystic ovary syndrome runs in your family, all females in their reproductive age are recommended to get a genetic test done. With this, we can predict it years before it actually occurs with Geno Homeopathy. It is carried out through a simple saliva test that helps us predict the probability of getting polycystic ovary syndrome. It reduces your chances of getting polycystic ovaries through preventive medicine, appropriate PCOS diet and lifestyle changes. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is, therefore, the most individualized and customized PCOS treatment in homeopathy.
Homeopathic treatment for Polycystic ovary syndrome
There are 6 advantages of PCOS treatment in homeopathy
- Homeopathy corrects the hormonal imbalance naturally.
- Homeopathic medicines for PCOS treat the illness without any side-effects.
- Since hormonal imbalance is the primary PCOS cause, homeopathy corrects it from the root.
- It regularizes the ovulation and restores the menstrual cycle.
- Since PCOS symptoms differ from person to person - may it be of heavy bleeding or irregular periods - homeopathy finds a personalized remedy that is best suited for you.
- Hormonal imbalances can be stressful and may give rise to mood swings. These can be corrected through PCOS homeopathy treatment.
- It helps to manage associated complaints like acne, weight gain, hair loss, and infertility.